Hello all. It is Kristen, your host of the Dunedin Every day — right here to let you know every part you could find out about what’s occurring in our group. Together with updates on:
- How to enroll in the upcoming Inaugural Cornhole Match
- The small print of The United Faiths Stroll of Peace later this month
- The upcoming Senior Consciousness Honest
Go to Dunedin’s Studio 1212 Artwork Gallery — voted Tampa Bay Journal’s finest small artwork gallery cooperative for 2022
Since 1971, Studio 1212 — a non-profit artwork gallery owned and managed by an all-volunteer group of native, award-winning artists — has been part of the artistic group within the Dunedin space.
Right here are some things you are able to do at Studio 1212:
- Attend an exhibit of native artists (try the schedule right here)
- Get your personal paintings critiqued without cost by volunteer artists (on the primary Saturday and third Tuesday of every month at 10am)
- Help native artists by shopping for their work — artwork prints, observe playing cards and fantastic hand-crafted reward objects — within the reward boutique
- Join a workshop to broaden and enhance your personal inventive skills
- Be part of different native artwork lovers by turning into a benefactor of Studio 1212 (Be taught extra right here.)
Studio 1212 is positioned at 234 Monroe Avenue in Downtown Dunedin, and is open Wednesday via Sunday from 11am to 3pm. Go to Studio 1212 — part of the Dunedin space arts group for over 50 years.
Now, as we speak’s climate:
Sunny and nice. Excessive: 75 Low: 61.
🏠 In case you’re an actual property agent in Dunedin, in fact you are wanting for a option to stand out from the group and appeal to new shoppers. We may help you try this with an unique sponsorship within the Dunedin Patch publication. Click on right here to be taught extra.
Listed below are the highest 4 tales as we speak in Dunedin:
- The 2023 United Faiths Stroll of Peace is scheduled for Jan. 29 between 2 and 5 p.m. The stroll for peace will start in Pioneer Park, with stops on the Masjid Al Salaam on New York Avenue and Weaver Park. As soon as in Weaver Park, a celebration will kick off with stay music, a drum circle, and extra. In accordance with their web site, “The mission of the United Faiths Stroll of Peace is to advertise peace, justice, and mutual respect by bringing the religion communities of a area collectively for fellowship, dialogue, and elevated data of one another’s religion beliefs.” Volunteers are additionally in want for the occasion. Message them on Fb for extra data. (United Religion Stroll of Peace through Fb)
- The Metropolis of Dunedin is internet hosting SHREDFEST 2023 on Jan. 28 on the Achieva Heart Courtroom between 8 a.m. and midday. This can be a free, simple, drive-through safe paper shredding occasion for Dunedin residents. Merely place as much as 5 cardboard bins of paperwork in your trunk to be shredded and recycled on-site. There is not any must take away staples, rubber bands, or tape. Be taught extra in regards to the occasion on the hyperlink! (Dunedin Gov)
- A free Senior Consciousness Honest is scheduled for Jan. 27 between 9 a.m. and midday within the Hale Senior Exercise Heart. Visitors may have the prospect to talk with over 50 native distributors offering data on subjects resembling retirement residing, house care, medical gear, magnificence, vitamin, train, and authorized and monetary assist. Lunch is included, so make sure to cease by! (Dunedin Gov)
- Reminder: Parks & Rec. is internet hosting its annual MLK Jr. Celebration this weekend, Jan. 14. The occasion features a free Unity Breakfast between 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. within the MLK Jr. Recreation Heart, instantly adopted by a march to Pioneer Park. As soon as on the park, members will get pleasure from leisure celebrating the lifetime of MLK Jr. Be taught extra in regards to the celebration on the hyperlink! (Dunedin Gov)
Dunedin Every day Pic of the Day:
Thanks, Mary Anne Dorner, for sharing this stunning photograph of our metropolis’s Peace Pole, positioned on Edgewater Drive in entrance of the Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd! Mary shared in her electronic mail that the Peace Pole was “devoted in honor of The Rev. Becky Robbins-Pennyman, who’s the Founding father of Dunedin’s United Faiths Stroll of Peace.”
At present in Dunedin:
- fifth Annual Dunedin Worldwide Movie Pageant at numerous areas (9 a.m.)
- The Mother Stroll Collective at The Scone Age Bakery (9:30 a.m.)
- Restricted Mobility Dance Workshop at Dreamer’s Dance Firm (10 a.m.)
- Your Pure Well being and Wellness for 2023 on the Chamber of Commerce (midday)
- Music Trivia at Caledonia Brewing (7:30 p.m.)
From my pocket book:
- Who’s prepared for the Dunedin Downtown Market this weekend? Ensure that to cease by each Friday and Saturday to choose up some recent vegetables and fruit, seize espresso or lunch, and browse all the crafts bought by your favourite native artists. The market is held in Pioneer Park between 9 a.m. and a couple of p.m. each weekend! (Metropolis of Dunedin through Fb)
- Congratulations to Sallie’s Bistro for incomes the title of 2022’s Greatest New Suburban Restaurant by the Tampa Bay Instances! “Being included in Tampa Bay’s finest new eating places of 2022 is so wonderful! We’re actually honored and past completely satisfied!” Sallie’s Bistro is positioned at 2152 Primary Avenue. Try their menu right here! (Sallie’s Bistro through Fb)
- Pinellas County Authorities has shared some frequent crimson flags that will help you acknowledge the indicators of human trafficking. One frequent signal is that they lack management over their ID and journey paperwork. Be taught extra indicators to search for and the best way to report suspected incidents right here. (Pinellas County Authorities through Fb)
- The Dunedin Chamber of Commerce is internet hosting its Inaugural Cornhole Match on Jan. 21 at 2 p.m. at HOB. They’re in search of as much as 40 groups made up of two folks. It prices $25 per individual to take part, which features a free drink. First and second-place winners will obtain prizes. Attendees also can get pleasure from a raffle, silent public sale, 50/50, and a talent competitors. Register on-line on the hyperlink! (Dunedin Chamber of Commerce)
- Congrats to the couple who celebrated their engagement at Mangos and Marley! Try the superior photograph they shared on Fb! (Mangos and Marley through Fb
Extra from our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
You are formally within the loop for as we speak! I will see you quickly.