ABU DHABI, tenth January, 2023 (WAM) — The Negev Discussion board Steering Committee and Working Teams convened in Abu Dhabi on 9-10 January 2023, to organize for the upcoming Ministerial assembly.
The United Arab Emirates, as host of the assembly, expressed its appreciation to the Steering Committee and Working Teams’ members for the constructive discussions that had been held within the spirit and imaginative and prescient of the Negev Discussion board. The Steering Committee expressed its appreciation to the United Arab Emirates for internet hosting this necessary assembly, recognising the significance of such joint efforts.
The Working Teams mentioned alternatives to advertise prosperity and cooperation for the advantage of the area and its inhabitants, within the areas below their mandate. Such alternatives included areas corresponding to meals safety and water expertise, clear vitality, tourism, healthcare, schooling and coexistence, and regional safety, in accordance to the aims outlined within the Negev Discussion board Regional Cooperation Framework Doc, adopted on tenth November 2022. The Working Teams will proceed to satisfy prematurely of the Ministerial assembly.
The Negev Discussion board Regional Cooperation Framework Doc, adopted in November 2022, goals to realize the Discussion board’s strategic aims that embody growing growth for the advantage of the folks of the area, whereas additionally fostering prosperity all through the area and past.
The Negev Discussion board Regional Cooperation Framework Doc is as follows:
“The historic, inaugural Negev Summit that befell at Sde Boker, Israel on March 27-28, 2022, with the participation of the Overseas Ministers of the Arab Republic of Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, the Kingdom of Bahrain, the Kingdom of Morocco, america of America and hosted by the State of Israel, despatched a robust message of peace based mostly on ideas of dialogue, coexistence, and mutual respect. It created a novel alternative to construct a brand new regional community enabling broad cooperation in quite a lot of fields of frequent curiosity.
The Individuals on the Negev Summit expressed their shared imaginative and prescient for the area and its future generations. They recognised the potential to construct real networks of cooperation to advance frequent pursuits, regional stability and prosperity within the Center East, demonstrating what will be achieved by working collectively, collectively, to realize tangible outcomes, overcome shared challenges and make the most of alternatives for all of the folks of the area. They reiterated the necessity to broaden their cooperative efforts to confront terrorism and extremism, and advance safety, prosperity, and peace for the area and all of its inhabitants. The Individuals additionally affirmed that these relations will be harnessed to create momentum in Israeli-Palestinian relations, in direction of a negotiated decision of the Israeli-Palestinian battle, and as a part of efforts to realize a simply, lasting and complete peace.
In mild of the extraordinary alternative and momentum created by the Negev Summit, the Arab Republic of Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, the Kingdom of Bahrain, the Kingdom of Morocco, america of America, and the State of Israel, (hereinafter: “the members”) expressed their intention on the Summit to kind a regional framework (hereinafter: “the Negev Discussion board” or “the Discussion board”), with the next core aims:
– To reinforce regional prosperity and stability by selling better political, financial, and people-to-people cooperation among the many members;
– To generate new, sustainable financial alternatives that assist alleviate poverty and scale back the event hole between the members, in addition to develop and implement initiatives that strengthen the Palestinian financial system and enhance the standard of lifetime of the Palestinian folks;
– To empower the folks of the area by enhancing instructional outcomes and serving to guarantee equitable entry to human growth alternatives;
– To advertise sustainable growth that protects the area’s surroundings, the standard of lifetime of its folks, their way of life, and addresses the worldwide local weather disaster;
– To enhance the resilience of regional meals and water assets by bolstering provide chains and implementing sustainable administration practices;
– To reinforce regional stability by supporting cooperation amongst members;
– To advertise understanding and coexistence by celebrating the various cultural and spiritual heritage of the folks of the area;
– To proactively have interaction companions within the area to boost the influence of Negev Discussion board initiatives, with the potential for widening the Discussion board to incorporate extra members, and promote a regional community of cooperation that’s open, efficient, clear, and inclusive.
The members convened in Manama, Bahrain on June 27, 2022, and determined upon a four-part construction to advance the core aims of the Discussion board and function a platform for regional cooperation:
• The Annual Ministerial: The Ministerial is an annual assembly of the members on the overseas minister degree. The Ministerial is meant to function the principal guiding and deliberative physique of the Discussion board growing a typical imaginative and prescient for the Discussion board and setting its annual agenda, in line with the core aims of the Discussion board.
The Ministerial is meant to convene yearly, ideally in a desert location hosted by one of many members, on a rotating foundation. The Ministerial must be presided over by the internet hosting member because the Negev Discussion board President. All initiatives of the Ministerial, together with the admission of latest members, must be determined by consensus.
It’s envisioned that the annual Ministerial keep the unique distinctive construction of the Negev Summit and embody an off-the-cuff Ministerial-only dinner, a corresponding senior employees dinner, a multilateral plenary assembly of all members, and host all delegates at a single location permitting for bilateral conferences and casual networking alternatives.
• The Presidency: The Ministerial host is anticipated to function President of the Negev Discussion board till the subsequent Ministerial assembly. The President is anticipated to succeed in choices by consensus with different members and a management function in growing the agenda of the Negev Discussion board Ministerial.
• The Steering Committee: The Steering Committee is anticipated to coordinate the work of the Discussion board and its Working Teams, based mostly on the course of the Ministerial. The Steering Committee is anticipated to be comprised of senior officers of the overseas 3 ministries of the members and to succeed in its choices by consensus. The Steering Committee is anticipated to be headed by the Presidency of the Negev Discussion board and will meet a minimum of twice a 12 months. The capabilities of the Steering Committee embody:
• Forming Working Teams on the course of the Ministerial and deciding on Working Group Chairs;
• Coordinating the Negev Discussion board processes and Working Teams as wanted, together with by reviewing and approving the experiences of the Working Teams;
• Aiding in preparations for the Ministerial, together with setting the agenda, reviewing the implementation of the Ministerial choices, and reporting on progress made by the Working Teams;
• Establishing consensus on potential extra members or observers and lengthening invites accordingly.
• The Working Teams: The Working Teams are anticipated to advance initiatives and tasks in furtherance of the core aims of the Discussion board. The Working Teams are anticipated to incorporate related senior officers and consultants from the members and to satisfy a minimum of thrice a 12 months, with a minimum of one in-person assembly. Working Group Chairs, chosen by the Steering Committee, take the lead in growing the agenda of their respective Working Teams. The Working Teams are anticipated to report back to the Steering Committee after every assembly. Non-members, together with regional companions, stakeholders or these with particular and related experience, could also be added to Working Teams the place helpful, with the consensus of members and on the invitation of the Working Group Chair. Suggestions of the Working Teams must be reached by consensus.
On this regard, it’s recalled that throughout the Negev Summit, the members determined to ascertain the next Working Teams:
• Meals Safety and Water Expertise – Selling tasks that harness current strategies and applied sciences and develop new approaches to enhancing meals safety and water expertise.
• Clear Power – Advancing clear vitality tasks, sharing greatest practices, and growing insurance policies that promote and unlock the clear vitality potential of the area.
• Tourism – Selling joint tourism tasks that enhance financial growth, deepen touristic hyperlinks, and improve people-to-people ties amongst members.
• Healthcare – Constructing medical and public well being capability to enhance outcomes and entry for the folks of members.
• Training and Co-existence – Increasing cooperation within the fields of schooling, together with by way of expertise, information exchanges, and joint tasks that enhance instructional outcomes and entry to human growth alternatives, in addition to stop extremism and promote co-existence and cross-cultural understanding. Strategic communication is anticipated to be integral to this Working Group.
• Regional Safety – Selling regional stability and safety on the coverage and strategic ranges, in coordination with related initiatives, together with by way of enhanced cooperation, coaching, capability constructing and different efforts that advance a coordinated regional safety strategy.
Nothing on this association is meant to provide rise to any rights or obligations below home or worldwide legislation.”