There are not any site visitors jams, they’re blockades, automobiles from all 4 instructions meet at centre level and do not transfer ceaselessly.
BHPian tiagoatrix just lately shared this with different fanatics.
I’m right here in Bengaluru for per week to spend my trip at my sister’s home (In Belathur).
My observations as an outsider:
- There’s solely sand, mud and gravel and a few ditches (Like the nice ditch of Whitefield), I am but to see a highway right here.
- There are not any site visitors jams, they’re blockades, automobiles from all 4 instructions meet at centre level and do not transfer ceaselessly.
- With out non existent roads, Bengaluru site visitors police don’t have any ethical proper to tremendous /impound automobiles.
- Karnataka has the best highway tax within the nation, desirous to know the place these taxes are pocketed.
- The one time I ever despised driving is whereas driving right here, how do you guys do day by day?
- I can not cease evaluating Chennai and Bengaluru’s site visitors and roads, Chennai is a minimum of 10 years forward in highway high quality and ease of site visitors.
Here is what BHPian balenoed_ needed to say on the matter:
Hiya there. Comfortable to see an outsider contributing to this thread as we have been bored of doing it. Thanks for holding the fort as this week we gave relaxation to this thread and we will probably be again right here from subsequent week onwards.
Bangalore is normally forgiving to its highway customers throughout this week of the yr.
Here is what BHPian shankar.balan needed to say on the matter:
Sure there is no such thing as a comparability in any respect between Chennai and Bengaluru with Chennai being manner superior in most respects which impression widespread tax paying residents (apart from the climate!).
I’m simply ‘fresh-off-the-plane’ from Sri Lanka through Chennai; I’ve the next observations, having been pushed round a number of elements of the Island for per week when on vacation. I haven’t visited there for a few years and this week was an actual eye-opener.
The evident contrasts that I now see between wherever in Sri Lanka and India, particularly, Bengaluru, are quite a few, with Sri Lanka being far superior:
- Site visitors lane self-discipline.
- Following highway guidelines.
- Following all pace limits.
- Yielding to site visitors the place essential.
- Clean site visitors motion across the quite a few roundabouts.
- Uniformly glorious highway surfaces and highway banking (besides some minor floor points on the highway from Awissawela to Colombo).
- Respect for different highway customers.
- No honking and hurriedly chopping in entrance.
- Mutual respect between highway customers, drivers and the site visitors police.
- Wonderful highway markings, site visitors signage and scientific, progressive will increase and reduces of pace limits alongside varied stretches of highway comparable to one sees in ‘developed’ nations.
- Orderly queues in every single place with no pushing, shoving, jostling and creating alternate queues as we do right here in India as a result of we’re ‘extra equal’ than others.
- Didn’t discover any VIP behaviour with abiect Police subservience and tons of Crimson Beacon automobiles and sirens and motorcades holding up any site visitors wherever. (Regardless of staying in and across the elements of every city the place these ‘dignitaries’ usually hang around. (However then once more, perhaps they have been all on vacation in London!)
- An general ‘persistence’ and ‘calm’ that are in completely stark distinction to the frightful ranges of noise and anger and indiscipline and impatience that one sees as a matter of day by day routine on the roads right here in India.
Some highway and site visitors pics positioned right here of Sri Lanka, for illustration functions and to assist alleviate our day by day distress of Bengaluru roads and site visitors:
Try BHPian feedback for extra insights and data